- Present your passport valid for at least six (06) months.
- Pay the Tourist Card (US$ 10.00 per person). This is given by the Immigration officer at your entry to Nicaragua.
- Every Nicaraguan or foreigner who traveled to or are coming from the countries listed below have to get vaccinated and present an international vaccination certificate for Yellow Fever upon their arrival to Nicaragua: Argentina / Bolivia / Brazil / Colombia / Ecuador / French Guyana / Panama / Paraguay / Peru / Venezuela. The measure also includes every African country, except for the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Tanzania, São Tomé and Príncipe, and Somalia. People who were in these countries on transit and did not leave the airport are not obliged to present the certificate.
Nationals of these countries, according to the type of passport they carry, require visa to come to Nicaragua:
Afghanistan / Albania / Angola / Argelia / Armenia / Asmara Eritrea / Bangladesh / Bosnia & Herzegovina / China / Congo / North Korea / Cuba / Ethiopia / Ghana / Haiti / India / Indonesia / Iraq / Iran / Jordan / Laos / Lebanon / Liberia / Libya / Mali / Mongolia / Mozambique / Nepal / Nigeria / Palestine / Pakistan / Sierra Leona / Syria / Somalia / Sri Lanka / Sudan / Timor / Vietnam / Yemen
When entering Nicaragua, people from the countries mentioned above, must submit:
- Valid passport for at least six (06) months
- Return ticket to their country of origin or residence
*Exceptions to these requirements: citizens from these countries who are holders of diplomatic, official and service passports issued by their respective Governments.
- Pick clothes that are light and breathable in the heat. You should consider bringing swimwear, a light jacket or sweater and a raincoat.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Sunscreen, sun glasses and a hat
- Insect repellent
- Camera equipment and plenty of film/memory cards (batteries and chargers)
- Basic medical kit (aspirin, Imodium, antiseptic cream, antihistamine cream, etc.)
- Rainy Season: May to October
- Summer: November to April
The weather changes according to the three zones of the country:
- Pacific: It is a very dry area with little rain. Temperatures range between 27ºC-32ºC (81ºF-90ºF); during the summer between 30ºC-35ºC (86ºF-95ºF)
- Central: It is a mountainous area with cold and wet weather.
- Caribbean: It is the most humid and tropical area of the country with high temperatures and constant rain.