San Juan de Nicaragua
04 days / 03 nights (Thursday to Sunday).
Begins and ends at Managua Airport.
San Juan de Nicaragua is known for its biodiversity and scenic beauty. Its rich history includes Spanish and English occupations, pirate attacks and years of prosperity as the inter-oceanic route during the gold rush in the US.
DAY 01 (THURSDAY) Managua – San Juan de Nicaragua
Local flight from Managua to San Juan de Nicaragua. Transfer to the hotel. At night, we will do a tour to observe caimans and other nocturnal species.
DAY 02 (FRIDAY) San Juan de Nicaragua
In the morning, we will visit the hiking Trails and the cemeteries of Greytown.
DAY 03 (SATURDAY) San Juan de Nicaragua
Day at leisure to rest or take one of the tours the hotel offers.
DAY 04 (SUNDAY) San Juan de Nicaragua – Managua
Free morning. Transfer to the airport take the flight back to Managua.
- Airplane ticket Managua – San Juan de Nicaragua – Managua.
- Transfer in private boat Greytown Airport – Hotel – Greytown Airport.
- Transfer in private boat during the tours.
- 03 nights in San Juan de Nicaragua.
- All meals.
- Open rum bar from 6 to 9 pm.
- Night Tour
- Trails Tour
- Visit to the Cemeteries of Greytown.
- Visit to San Juan de Nicaragua town.
Travel Tips for Rio San Juan
- Since Río San Juan is located on the border of Nicaragua and Costa Rica, there are several checkpoints throughout the river, so you must carry your Passport all the time.
- It’s advised to use clothing that covers as much skin as possible.
- Bring mosquito repellent and sunscreen.
- Bring a light rain jacket due to the tropical humid weather.
- Take under consideration that you are traveling to one of the most remote areas in Nicaragua: You will only find ATM in San Carlos.
Contact us for more information